Thursday 29 September 2016

Having Fun With Stickers.

Hi everybody! It's Toni here and my Inspirational Post today, is all about creating stickers. Some years ago, I bought a whole box of A4 sheets of round white paper labels, for the princely sum of £1. I've never managed to use them successfully with my printer, so they have been stashed in a cupboard waiting for inspiration to strike..........
This is one of the sheets, before I got started with my acrylic paints. To begin with, I used some lovely bright flourescent colours, which I applied to the surface with my small Gelli Plate. I attached the Gelli plate to a large acrylic block and brayered the paint onto it. I then used it like a giant stamp, and coloured over the whole sheet. This worked well, as it meant the labels didn't become too wet. They also dried quickly. I then tried spraying another sheet of labels with Dylusions Inks and blotted the surface 'Dyan style', with a kitchen role. I Sprayed another sheet with Distress Inks. I really could have gone on and on at this point !
 Here are the two sprayed sheets of labels. Once all the backgrounds were dry, I used a variety of stencils and stamps to pattern them. I stuck to those that had relatively small designs here are some close ups.......
This is one of the acrylic painted backgrounds The stamping and stencilling has been done with Archival Inks....
On this painted sheet of labels, I used my type writer to randomly type letters across the surface.
This sheet has been sprayed with Distress sprays to create a vintage style.
I used some months of the year stamps on this sheet, which I think would be great to use in a planner. It was really fun selecting stamps and stencils for the whole process of making my 'sticker' sheets. I also made a few tags to show how they would look on a  project....
I firstly coloured this tag, using my Gelli Plate.
 I then peeled off a few stickers and stuck them onto the background. I doodled around the circles adding petals and leaves using a black Zig pen. I also used a Stabilo pencil and water brush, to add a bit of depth to the circles.
I used the stickers to create a border on the side of this tag and finally.........
I created this tag with a vintage style using Distress Inks for the background. Once again I used a Stabilo pencil around the circles. I hope this gives a little flavour of how the the stickers can be used. The great thing is that I still have loads left! If you fancy trying your hand at sticker making, you can buy round labels, of various sizes, quite cheaply on the internet. I do hope you give it a try as it really is great fun ! Until next time, happy crafting ! x

7 comments:

  1. wow! what a wonderful and clever idea Toni - I love it - now I have to find those old sheets of stickers to make them beautiful!!! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags and what a great way to transform the stickers. I have lots of those hanging around too so before the adhesive dries out, I need to put them to use.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Toni, what a great tutorial! I am so inspired to play with my stickers, too! You have created some fantastic tags with these! Love it! Hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a brilliant idea, love how you created these and how you used them too, off to pin it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea, and very effective. Your samples are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Toni! How very cool is this post!?! I just love the combination of stamping and doodling on your very artsy tags. Way cool post my friend! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Toni! How very cool is this post!?! I just love the combination of stamping and doodling on your very artsy tags. Way cool post my friend! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete